Friday, August 8, 2008

The Olympics Begin


Photo courtesy of Top News in India.

Just a quick note for today. The Opening Ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics begin tonight. As the Games progress, I will attempt to cover as much as possible, with particular emphasis on basketball, swimming, track and field, and maybe even some beach volleyball. As the results are known ahead of time due to the time difference between here and Beijing, so I'll play it by ear or I will put up spoiler warnings when necessary. Will the USA reclaim gold in basketball? Will Michael Phelps claim the record 8 gold medals he seeks?

These Olympic Games are also the most politicized Olympics I have seen. While I will mostly focus on the sports side of things, I may take a post or two to blog on the politics of the Games (i.e. China and Darfur, Chinese censorship, etc.). These will no doubt be a most interesting Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment