Thursday, August 13, 2009

Housekeeping Roundup


Photo courtesy of ChristianityToday.com

Today's post is a roundup of stories I'm working on or need to wrap up...

1) I updated my NetworkedBlogs application on Facebook Wednesday night, so my posts will also appear on my Facebook page. My Twitter account should be linked soon as well.

2) I just started reading Michael Lewis' book, The Blind Side. I just finished chapter 3 and am looking forward to posting a review soon. My previous book review, Buster Olney's The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty, can be read here. Other books I have on my list are Lewis' other noteworthy book, Moneyball, and Buzz Bissinger's Friday Night Lights.

3) I promised I'd wrap up the Ortiz steroid story in that post. Truth is, I don't know if he did or didn't take the 'roids. His stats suggest he took them, but his character, and previous public statements say no. He is 34, so his power numbers will drop, which they have. His batting average the past two years (last year's .264 was not stellar, this year, it's currently at .220). I do think the list of players' names does need to be released at this point, so we don't have this same scenario play out with each newly leaked name.

4) As I post content more frequently, I'm looking to really expand the reach of FTRS. So, if you have any sports fan friends/family, send them a link to FTRS. Thanks!

Coming up on Monday...Michael Vick signed with the Philadelphia Eagles late yesterday. How does that affect the Eagles and the NFL?

No comments:

Post a Comment